One of hardest things that drug and alcohol addicts face is actually getting into a drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation center. The admission process is thought to be one of the most difficult tasks for an addict. When one is addicted to drugs and alcohol, it takes a mountain of confront to put it all on the shelf and check into rehab. To add to it, even when one does become willing to make this life-changing journey, what does one do next? Who does one call? Where does one go? What does one bring? For someone who has spent the last several weeks, months, or years abusing drugs and alcohol, this can often be a frightening prospect that is totally out of their ability to confront or manage.
This is why our staff here at Serenity Point Recovery are prepared to help you with every step of the admission process. A study by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, (SAMHSA), put together results on why addicts don’t make it into rehab, as so many of them don’t. What was found surprised us all. It wasn’t the location of rehab centers, the cost of their programs, the availability of beds in centers, or the addict’s willingness. Those were not the main stopping points for the addict’s attempts to get into rehab. In fact, the number one reason why addicts don’t go to rehab is that they can’t figure out the process of getting into a center and they have a hard time confronting all of the aspects and different actions that go into entering an inpatient drug and alcohol addiction center. This was what stopped them the most!
Once we found this out, we scrambled to make our already easy and efficient process even more simple, straightforward, and quick. We don’t want to leave you hanging when we know all you need is proper rehabilitation and help with your addiction! For this reason, we have effectively put together the most stress-free, user-friendly intake process imaginable.
Our Intake and Admission Process
Our admission process is as simple as it can get, and we’ve made a point to get you here and get you started on your program as soon and as easily as possible. Here’s how we have it worked out:
- Call us! The first step is to pick up the phone and give us a call. You’ll be put in touch with one of our experienced intake counselors. These men and women know all about addiction, substance abuse, and rehabilitation so they can answer all of your questions about the program, the facility, how to get into the program, and they will even ask you a few questions to determine what is the best approach for you.
- After this initial call, we will guide you on working out how you will pay for the program. We have lots of options for payment and our program is competitively priced and within reach for most. We accept many different types of health insurance policies and we offer lots of different self-pay methods too, all designed to take the strain off of you and get you into rehab quickly, efficiently, and without concern.
- The next step is to work out how you will get here. If you live nearby, perhaps we can work out a driver to come and get you, or we can liaison with one of your family members to assist you in getting to our program within the next twenty-four hours. If you live far away, we have a whole department in our intake department that is dedicated solely to scheduling flights and seeing to it that clients arrive at our center in a timely fashion.
- Once you are here we can truly begin the intake and admission process. We will work with you, talk to you, answer your questions, and ask you some questions of our own. We’ll go over your health and current physical condition so we know how to proceed with detox. The intake process only takes an hour or two, but it is key as it will help us to work out, with you, how your stay with us will run and what type of program will be most well suited to you.
- The next step is to get started! After you are here and settled in, detoxification is begun immediately. Why wait around when drugs and alcohol are still in your system and actively poisoning your body? We want to get you going right away in detox so as to start working those chemicals out immediately.
We know that beating addiction may yet be one of the hardest things to do out there. It really is not just something anyone can up and do at a moment’s notice. We’ve constructed one of the best drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation programs out there and we’ve found it to be workable and highly successful. We’ve also made what might be the smoothest intake process in existence, as we know how stressful and difficult getting into a rehab center can be. All in all, we hope that the way we have things set up is perfect for you, and we are confident we can help you beat your addiction once and for all!